Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pressing the 'play' button on Life


Music. It has the power to make us laugh, cry, and a lot more. It helps us get through messy break ups, it brings back pleasent memories, it makes traffic jams enjoyable!!!


A lot of people say "Music is their life" but when i compare them to me, i question their values. Sounds arrogant huh? But you see, I have been plugged into my headphones since i was a baby! I can't recall a time when ive done something without listenng to music, for you see, music isn't just music to me. It's a sound track to my life!


When i drive i'm listening to Megadeth, when im skating it's Solid Steel, getting ready for a night out.....Pendulum. I even went to my Prom night with a cassette player in my pocket and the Earphones tucked in my top pocket!!! Its like having a cup of coffee in the morning, if you dont have it, you don't feel ready for the day. If i dont get a fix of music in the morning then im not ready to deal with anything.


Music is soooooo important to me. I realised exactly how true this was when i had all my cd's stolen along with my cd player. I was devastated, lost, and had an overwhelming feeling of emptiness inside me. It's the same kinda feeling you get when your girl friend leaves you for another guy....BUT WORSE!!!


Anyways, i could sit here all day and preach about the importance of music to me, but i don't want to over kill this subject.


So, my advice for a happier life is: Don't be afraid to play your music loud, Listen to all types of music, don't put yourself into a genre that won't let you keep an open mind (e.g. Dont be a goth and only listen Meatl, cuz break beat hip hop is the amazing!!!), and most importantly, always keep a beat in your heart, ears, and keep your finger on play button!!!!


My Music reccomendation for today:


Gas Panic (Oasis, Standing on the shoulders of giants)


No comments: