Monday, September 29, 2008

That Friday feeling


Yes!!! After one and a half years of mooching, i have decided to separate myself from the unemployed student masses, and finally got a JOB!!!!

Im am to be the latest edition to the ever growing family down at TGI Fridays (the one at the curve!) Having been a barman/ bar supervisor/ bar manager, it seemed only right that i return to my routes and get back into the industry that i once loved so much!

I had my orientation day today!!! It was as expected, just your usual run of the mill, "welcome to the (insert your company name here) family" bull shit. When did being a barman become such a bureaucratic process. When i first started in the industry, all you had to be was 18 and be able to work weekends. Now, they give you customer service tests; which by the way, is just a test to see how long you can fake a smile to a asshole customer!!!

Once, i got through all that crappy family nonsense, i got straight into the bar...and.....wow....its hard to describe how i felt. Its been so long since i was on that side of the bar. I guess you could describe it as a kinda 'natural' feeling. Like when a wild tiger is let back into the jungle. Thats how i felt.

The day was only a couple of hours long, and i start work for real tomorrow, but so far i've met some great people, who i look forward to learning alot from. And my boss isn't an asshole (which is a total added bonus!!!).

So, if you fancy coming down to see me spin, flip, and shake my way through some kick ass-tastic cocktails; I'll be there most of the week.
Don't forget get to leave a tip though!!!!

My Music recommedation for today:

Window Song (Finger eleven, greyest of blue skies)

No comments: